Do you have a Seattle Washington house that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Washington foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house and wonder if they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a little more complicated, but usually you can sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in Seattle? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in Seattle who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If you know that you’ll likely be late, then make sure to communicate any additional time to the powers that be.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic or emotional. Just by explaining your situation and showing your willingness to fix the problems goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing – so document, document, document. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any assurances made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure. And see this additional info to learn about even more options open to you from your local government offices.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not your buddy. Becoming late on your payments, sticking your head in the sand and pretending its not happening to you will only hurt you as the pressure and stress build in the back ground.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Seattle and the whole state of Washington get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Seattle, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.